Discussion question

Mon Feb 23 19:00:41 UTC 2004

Rebecca -
Thanks for this attachment. Unfortunately my computer could not open
it, but that doesn't matter, since I understand the point...smile...

Regarding the comment by your professor...
> These folks are "developing" this system. This is not something that is
> naturally occurring that folks are "researching" and "identifying."

We are writing the movements of the naturally occuring signed languages
of the world...We are not changing them...We are just writing what we
see when people sign...so we believe strongly in not changing the
naturally-evolving signed languages of the world...Your professor has
nothing to worry about. We are preserving ASL, not changing it...

All writing systems, including A, B and C, were developed by people, to
write the naturally-evolving languages they use...

SignWriting is spreading throughout the world, and many Deaf people,
such as Stuart Thiessen and others, are making a vast difference...so
the fact that I am hearing, really has nothing to do with it....each
country is choosing to write their signed languages as they choose, and
I am not involved with that...I just offer software and materials to
anyone in the world...