ASL - Grace

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Feb 26 16:52:34 UTC 2004

I tend to use the arrow that fits in a given situation.  In your case, the arrow you have is readable, but confusing in that it doesn't lead to the second arrow going down and to the left to the flat hand.  Using that arrow to show a door being opened, with the hand moving toward you is readable, so I'd use it in that situation because the "feel" is to the outside.  Using the little finger arrow, for me, is when the "feel" is to the inside even though the motion is the same.

Charles

Stuart Thiessen <smt_sw at EARTHLINK.NET> wrote:
I was concerned about that too, Charles. I am still confused on the
rotation symbols because of the issue of whether the thumb or little
finger leads the rotation. I have never gotten a good feel for that
and how to write it. It would be nice if there was a clearer way to
describe that choice. No offense, Valerie. I know describing these
things are hard :). When do you use the arrow curving down and up and
when to use the arrow curving up and down is another question I am not
too sure I understand.

Thanks,

Stuart