Stefan's "Zeichen" article

Manfred Sailer ManfredSailer at AOL.COM
Thu Jun 24 22:36:14 UTC 2004

Dear Val, dear Stefan, dear list!

thanks for welcoming me. I just read the messages in the archive.

> May I ask...I need some help with translating a document from German to
> English. The translation into English does not have to be perfect, but
> just a first draft, and then I can make the English fit the diagrams of
> the article after the initial translation is done...But that first
> draft is what takes me hours, because my German is not that good, and
> Stefan is very busy and doesn't have the time to help...I had planned
> to pay a translator, but I haven't had the money. The document in
> German can be downloaded from the web:
> Das Zeichen
> http://www.SignWriting.org/archive/docs2/sw0125-DE-DasZeichen-2003.pdf

Of course I know Stefan's great article. I had been thinking for quite a
while
whether there was a way I could help with the translation. Unfortunately we
are in
a very busy  phase at the moment (till the end of september...) - we are
writing the
proposals for the next 4 years of the project in which I am working…

If I find somebody who could do the job, I'll let you know right away.

Best,
    Manfred.