[sw-l] New SWML area on the web planned...

Wed Oct 13 16:10:20 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
October 13, 2004

Stuart Thiessen wrote:
> I am wondering if all the SWML dialect DTD's could be posted to the
> SignWriting Software forum (or some other centralized location) so
> that everyone has a chance to review the different dialects. When
> someone is considering a SWML project, they can review the latest
> DTD's from each dialect to see what fits them the best? That might
> also keep the outside community aware of our standards in case someone
> from the outside decides to start a project involving SignWriting.

Dear SW List, and Stuart...
Thank you for this excellent suggestion, Stuart. You are absolutely
right. I just wrote to Antonio Carlos privately to ask permission to
post the history of SWML on our web sites...Right now we have an area
for SWML on the web:

SWML
http://www.SignWriting.org/forums/software/swml

Which can be accessed from the Software Forum:

Software Forum
http://www.SignWriting.org/forums/software

However, at the moment it is only the original article which Antonio
Carlos wrote years ago...So Antonio Carlos said YES!...let's update
that area...So I will be creating an SWML directory for different
articles on different forms of SWML...

Now you all know that I am not a programmer, and I do not personally
understand any form of SWML! So as the web designer for that section, I
will need a written description from the developers of the different
forms of SWML, so I can properly post the information on the web for
them...so this new SWML section will hopefully be updated in the
future, on a regular basis...

SWML developers please send me your SWML descriptions for me to post on
the web, to my private email address - I look forward to receiving your
descriptions! And I will keep you informed when the new SWML area is on
the web...

Thanks once again, Stuart, for your ongoing support and suggestions!

Val ;-)
Sutton at SignWriting.org