[sw-l] BSL Reading Test :)

Sandy Fleming sandy at FLEIMIN.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Oct 22 21:46:52 UTC 2004

I wrote

> "   -   in a long (four-syllable) sign you should try to avoid writing the
> final movement (Val);"

Stefan replied:

> I am not sure what you mean.  I cannot remember any advice like this - in
> fact I would be surprised ( smile)

Stefan,

Prepare to be surprised! It's in Val's "SignSpelling Guidelines 2002"
document:

http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs2/sw0145-SignSpelling-2004.pdf

...except that it's been updated since I printed it and it no longer says
this!

Oh well, at least "Simplified Spelling for Children" has been changed to
"Simplified Spellign for Everyday Use", like I suggested! This is the first
time I've been right for a long time, but too late!  :D

Sandy