Surface symbols

CWren at DOE.K12.GA.US CWren at DOE.K12.GA.US
Thu Dec 15 18:58:20 UTC 2005

Your pictures didn't come thru, but the way I see it/sign it most often
both hands ARE moving together, down and slightly forward, just like the
movement in 'congratulate'  that is the open arrow, right?  The variation
with only the top hand moving down and 'smacking' the lower hand is also
used here.

---------------------------------
Cherie Wren
GSD Staff Interpreter
232 Perry Farm Rd
Cave Spring, GA 30124
706-777-2328
706-766-0766 Cell

This message and any included attachments are from the Georgia School for
the Deaf and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information
contained herein may include privileged or otherwise confidential
information. If you have received this message in error, please contact
the sender immediately, and delete it from your system.

"Stuart Thiessen" <sw at PASSITONSERVICES.ORG>
Sent by: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
12/15/2005 01:53 PM
Please respond to
sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
cc

Subject
Re: [sw-l] Surface symbols

I think the problem is the arrow. With the open arrowhead, it means
that the two hands move down together.

I propose these:

  English_5 with hands moving toward the body

  English_6 with the dominant hand grasping twice with a downward motion

Thanks,

Stuart