[sw-l] SignWriter DOS PDF files....

Mon May 23 21:23:24 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
May 23, 2005

On May 23, 2005, at 1:59 PM, Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:
> why not simply post the DOS  sgn files as PDF documents? That would
> be easy
> and everybody could read them without knowing anything about
> SignWriter 4.

Nothing wrong with SignWriter DOS documents in PDF... That is a good
idea...

James...do you know how to make a PDF document from SignWriter DOS on
your old computer?

This morning James told me that on his Macintosh, when using
SignPuddle for email in Nicaraguan Sign Language, there were some
problems, so we were talking about how to get the Mac to display the
good-looking symbols of SignWriter Java or SignPuddle, on the
Mac...in documents that he could show quickly to administrators on
modern operating systems...

That's all...smile...

There are so many programs now, that use SignWriting, and every one
of them has excellent features, and yet we are not quite comfortable
yet...We need to be able to create documents directly on the Mac, or
on Windows XP without using the old DOS symbols that have the jagged
edges...SignWriter Java doesn't print, and SignWriter Tiger is not
ready yet, and SignWriter Python is using the older symbols, I
believe? And Steve's typing programs, and SignText, are not ready
yet...so the good looking symbols are in individual signs in
SignPuddle, but not document-creators yet...although we can drag and
drop the signs in SignPuddle into documents...that helps a little!