NORWAY touch-and-go

Sat Nov 19 20:35:59 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
November 19, 2005

Ingvild Roald wrote:
> Yes, I am using Firefox - most often for the Hotmail as well, even
> if that automatically opens in Explorer.

Sometimes, you can set your preferences for your email, so that it
opens another web browser automatically...right now perhaps it is
setup to open Explorer, but you might be able to change your
preferences to open FireFox automatically instead...look in
Preferences or Properties or Internet Options...

> Glad to hear that I had written correctly - it would have cluttered
> up the picture whith a lot of contact stars.
>>> Yes, I mean that they are alternating in a trill while moving
>>> down  the left hand - thereby the fingers will be touching briefly.

yes...touching briefly and touching three times is quite a different
story...smile...

> Have written some other signs a little bit incorrecly, because I
> find them easier to read that way. That goes for 'besin' =
> 'gasoline' for instance. The hand is held in an L-shape, and the
> movement is really from the wrist, but if someone did the movement
> from the elbow, it would still be understood.

So then it is not incorrect...if it can be understood...which
probably means that it could be signed either way, and it is
correct...lots of signs can be read with less detail...

So I think the word correct and incorrect can only be used when
talking about truly mis-reading the sign to the point where it is
another sign...If you really needed touch-touch-touch on the palm for
the sign for BEREGNE, or you would not understand it, that would be
different...smile...