Square Fist Symbol in SignMaker

CWren at DOE.K12.GA.US CWren at DOE.K12.GA.US
Tue Dec 12 20:02:10 UTC 2006

I personally like the drag and drop.  I tried to learn SW back when it was
SW DOS, and gave up, as I couldn't learn the keyboard and find the
symbols.  I also like to be able to place the symbols in relation to each
other in drag and drop... I don't think you could do that with a keyboard
system--   Granted it isn't really quick enough to be viable as a writing
system for me, yet, but Val can do it quickly-- as her demo showed.

 I just did my first real try at handwriting, and am quite pleased with
the results.  Its excellent for planning out what I will be doing in a
'performance'.  (I will be signing/interpreting the Twelve Days of
Christmas for a program tomorrow, and wanted to be able to have a cheat
sheet on hand to practice with...)

---------------------------------
Cherie Wren
GSD Staff Interpreter
232 Perry Farm Rd
Cave Spring, GA 30124
706-777-2328
706-766-0766 Cell

This message and any included attachments are from the Georgia School for
the Deaf and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information
contained herein may include privileged or otherwise confidential
information. If you have received this message in error, please contact
the sender immediately, and delete it from your system.

"Kimberley Shaw" <skifoot at gmail.com>
Sent by: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
12/12/2006 02:05 PM
Please respond to
sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
cc

Subject
Re: [sw-l] Square Fist Symbol in SignMaker

Yes, please, I second that!
There's a lot to like about drag and drop ... but as a touch-typist
myself, drag-and-drop does not feel like "writing" when I want to put
something directly from my head into a document.
Hope your time in Brazil is going excellently, Charles!
Sounds like great things going on there.
-- Kim from Boston