Load Signs from SignPuddle into SignText

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Mar 8 19:48:05 UTC 2006

A lot of medical signs are not in the SignPuddle.  Our dictionary has around 3,000 words but it is not exhaustive.  We will need to add many more signs from various journals (with permission).  I have permission from RIT to add their signs of Sexual Behavior, Signs of Drug Abuse, and several other dictionaries to our dictionary.  Original research must be attested to, and that requires time to upload and check.

  Glad you want to help Philippe.

  Charles

"Gallant, Philippe" <PGallant at mercydesmoines.org> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                Steve,

  Ok, thank you for the tip.   I did put all the words together at the translate window and load to Sign Text and pressed refresh button several times.  I still get many question marks.  Here is the words that I am using for sign text, it is part of my survey questions and not completed sentence yet. I just want you to test it yourself.  You can copy this and put on translate window

  me cl-list-throw why people area-right not-yet go-ahead HIV test_3, what priority_3 reason you not go-ahead HIV test_3, me have HIV doubt, paranoid scared HIV have, me obsess_2 imagination know if_4 me HIV  me do-not-want, HIV test_3 where_3 me do-not-know, HIV test_3 have me do-not-know, me paranoid imagination have HIV my name inform government, me paranoid worry me finish HIV test_3 rumor, me want HIV test none interpreter, other reason, none reason.

  Did you get many question marks when you load to sign text?  In this case, we need to make corrections on image signs and fix the fingerspelling in Sign Text.  Hope this helps

    Philippe "Philip" Gallant
Cultural Advocacy Health Services Coordinator
Mercy Medical Center
Interpretation Services Department
           VOICE:  (866) 410-5787 ext. 73013
               TTY:  (515) 643-SIGN (7446)
               FAX:  (515) 643-2859
VIDEOPHONE:  pgallant.mercydesmoines.org