Load Signs from SignPuddle into SignText

Gallant, Philippe PGallant at MERCYDESMOINES.ORG
Wed Mar 8 20:29:17 UTC 2006

Thank you... This project is for my assessment in my area.   Most of the
signs that I created is in a quick way to start.  I was going to get
back to some of the signs and correct the 'spelling' including face
expression in later time.  So, it is a good start to increase sign
writing in our directory! SMILE...

Philippe "Philip" Gallant
Cultural Advocacy Health Services Coordinator
Mercy Medical Center
Interpretation Services Department
           VOICE:  (866) 410-5787 ext. 73013
               TTY:  (515) 643-SIGN (7446)
               FAX:  (515) 643-2859
VIDEOPHONE:  pgallant.mercydesmoines.org

________________________________

From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] On Behalf Of Charles Butler
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 1:48 PM
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: RE: [sw-l] Load Signs from SignPuddle into SignText

A lot of medical signs are not in the SignPuddle.  Our dictionary has
around 3,000 words but it is not exhaustive.  We will need to add many
more signs from various journals (with permission).  I have permission
from RIT to add their signs of Sexual Behavior, Signs of Drug Abuse, and
several other dictionaries to our dictionary.  Original research must be
attested to, and that requires time to upload and check.

Glad you want to help Philippe.

Charles

"Gallant, Philippe" <PGallant at mercydesmoines.org> wrote:

	Steve,

	Ok, thank you for the tip.   I did put all the words together at
the translate window and load to Sign Text and pressed refresh button
several times.  I still get many question marks.  Here is the words that
I am using for sign text, it is part of my survey questions and not
comple! ted sentence yet. I just want you to test it yourself.  You can
copy this and put on translate window...

	me cl-list-throw why people area-right not-yet go-ahead HIV
test_3, what priority_3 reason you not go-ahead HIV test_3, me have HIV
doubt, paranoid scared HIV have, me obsess_2 imagination know if_4 me
HIV  me do-not-want, HIV test_3 where_3 me do-not-know, HIV test_3 have
me do-not-know, me paranoid imagination have HIV my name inform
government, me paranoid worry me finish HIV test_3 rumor, me want HIV
test none interpreter, other reason, none reason.

	Did you get many question marks when you load to sign text?  In
this case, we need to make corrections on image signs and fix the
fingerspelling in Sign Text.  Hope this helps...