SPAIN Spanish Sign Language Literature (LSE)

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon May 8 18:23:21 UTC 2006

This might challenge me to translate some of my African folktales into ASL. I just finished a Tambor to Olokun, the patron of the Deaf, so that would really lend itself to that treatment.

  Charles Butler

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
  SignWriting List
May 8, 2006

Dear SW List Members!
We now have a web page for Sign Language Literature, written in
Spanish Sign Language (LSE)...

Many thanks to Steve and Dianne Parkhurst for their prolific writing
in SignWriting. There are so many stories and publications to choose
from, that I could only scan a few printed documents right now...They
are on the web in PDF format, free for download.

There are three children's stories, plus the Introduction to a
complete 140 page novel written in Spanish Sign Language, with no
spoken language in the entire 140 page bound book...

A complete novel written in Spanish Sign Language! Imagine that!

It is the first complete novel written in SignWriting that I know of...

Go to:

Spanish Sign Language Literature
http://www.SignWriting.org/spain/literatura