Writing Number 16 in ASL

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Aug 22 19:45:29 UTC 2007

On Aug 22, 2007, at 12:30 PM, CWren at doe.k12.ga.us wrote:
> oh, no need to stop on my account!  Someone brought in cupcakes
> with massive frosting in the meeting I was just in, I think I am
> having a sugar overdose...  If you are going to have a discussion
> on standardizing, page numbers is probably one of the best places
> to start it.

Actually I am not interested in trying to standardize signs that are
written inside a real text, because I think that has to evolve more
naturally and it will I am sure, as we keep writing and writing...but
not because any one person deemed it so...

I am happy that SignWriting is such a flexible tool that you have so
many choices!

I was only talking about page numbers...

and just because we take away a rotation symbol from 16, 17, 18, and
19, does not mean we have to take away the movement in 22...that is
not the same issue for me anyway...mainly I want to help not hurt
anything!

So let's not worry about it...when you see the first draft of my
layout for your book the Cat in the Hat, Cherie, you can tell me at
that time if you feel some of the page numbers are not readable ;-))

I will leave the page number decisions to the authors of each book!

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help