AW: [sw-l] New Handshapes in the ISWA 2007

Mon Jul 2 19:10:18 UTC 2007

Hi Valerie, and sw-list

EMA – 24 handshape

well – as long as we will see this handshape it will remind us of the given
EMA handshape – smile –
so it is a great symbol to guide the reader ...

I always get in trouble with all these handshape – symbols  if the index
moves from the back of the hand line toward the palm-line  ;-((
compared to the straight up index it seems strange and is somehow visually
iritating ... but I guess that you had to make this decision some time in
the past in order to get along ...

What do you think – can you or would you thicken the line for the
middle-finger on the right side of the chart in order to indicate that it is
close to the body  - just as you did with the thumb on the other side?

What do you think?

Stefan ;-)