Wiki article on SignWriting

Cherie Wren cwterp at YAHOO.COM
Sat May 19 16:23:18 UTC 2007

In order to add any images, you have to determine a license and upload them.  For things I have written or created myself, I can upload them with an "I did this myself" license.  For anything else, its gets so complicated I have been afraid to try.  I could create something with the basic handshapes and put it in.  someone on the discussion page asked to see something with pictures of handshapes and their corresponding symbols.  I saw something like that with all the Stokoe handshapes and their SW equivalent somewhere in the SW website, but because I didn't create it, I would need permission from the creator to put it up there;  posting it there then makes it free for anyone to use.  Do you know which picture I'm talking about?  Did you make it, or know who did?  I have it at work, not here, so I can't attach it.  If we could figure out the license, that would be the best picture to use, I think.  In the meantime, I will work on creating something with the basic handshapes.

cherie

----- Original Message ----
From: Valerie Sutton <signwriting at MAC.COM>
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2007 11:32:54 AM
Subject: [sw-l] Wiki article on SignWriting

Hello Cherie!
This is wonderful. THANK YOU. The old article needed improvement...
And I really like what you have said....This is so much better than
before...

I wonder...is there a way to actually show the handshapes in
SignWriting while you are discussing them?..For example, when you
mention the square for a fist, it could link to:

http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/lessonsw/026%20Basic-Handshapes.html

The term "pentagon shape" ....I have no clue what a pentagon looks
like....So the more visual you make it the better...or link to
diagrams on the web...

But what you have done is really good...Can you place a paragraph
about SignPuddle Software and link to it?

We actually need a separate Wikipedia article about SignPuddle
Software too...people need to know where to go to search for signs
already written, and how to create signs themselves on the web...

And I think your link to your SignWriting document is perfect!

Maybe a Wikipedia article about SignWriting Literature, linking to
all the documents written in SignWriting would be a good idea too...

Thank you once again, Cherie!

Val ;-)

____________________________________________________________________________________Give spam the boot. Take control with tough spam protection in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.