how to copy a sign from SignPuddle 1.5 into hard disc

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon May 28 18:04:17 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
May 28, 2007

On May 28, 2007, at 10:31 AM, Lucy wrote:
> I copied it and pasted in my graphic program and then saved it to a
> png file. Next I wanted to insert it into a Word document but the
> sign appeared very small. Is there any other to copy signs from
> SignPuddle 1.5 into hard disc?

Hi Lucy -
I just had no trouble doing this, but there is one thing
different...I did not open a graphics program to re-format the sign
from SignPuddle. Instead, SignPuddle gives you an automatic PNG
graphics file, if you Right-Click with your mouse directly on top of
the sign in SignPuddle...and then choose Copy Image or Save Image As...

If you choose Copy Image...then open Word and choose Paste under the
Edit Menu...it pastes the sign right in...

If you choose Save As, then it arrives on your desktop as a PNG. Then
open Word and use the Insert Picture command under the Insert Menu...

Here is a diagram that I just created in Microsoft Word for you: