Inquiry from Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia!!

Valerie Sutton dac at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Sun Sep 9 14:56:02 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
September 9, 2007

Hello Eyasu!
Do not worry...In a few days I will be able to help you with the
SignWriting part of the issue...

It is the teaching of Sign Languages itself, that I am not an expert
on...so that is why I am hoping that more people will post messages
to the list about how to setup a Sign Language curriculum
specifically...

Thank you to Shane and Rodrigo. The links are very important for
Eyasu. He has already written to Brazil....

Regarding Gallaudet University, which department on campus would be
useful for Eyasu to contact? Any specific links you can provide will
be greatly appreciated!

I am now going to be announcing some new developments regarding
SignBank software...but do not think that I have forgotten you,
Eyasu...not at all...We will get back to this subject after all the
announcements are made in the next two days...

Val ;-)

-----------

On Sep 9, 2007, at 5:20 AM, Eyasu Tamene wrote:

> Dearest Val, Shane and Rodrigo,
>
> Many thanks for your sinceare feedback and appreciation.  The sites
> you suggested are very much helpful.
>
> I can understand from the everyday list messages that there are
> researchers and teachers of the deaf whom I would like to suggest
> me relevant ideas that should be included in our new SL BA program
> syllabus development. I like the idea of SW be part of this
> program. The question of HOW worries me.  Please get me your
> honorable suggestion, smile.
>
> Eyasu

Valerie Sutton
dac at signwriting.org