printed form and signwritten form

Gagnon et Thibeault atg at VIDEOTRON.CA
Thu Dec 18 16:40:32 UTC 2008

Bonjour/Hi Anny and everyone,

    Anny, thank you for translating 4 English words into French.

    I don't think that you are wrong.  You know that different translators prefer many choices of words.
For example,

Printing=  -impression
                 - reproduction d'un texte, d'une illustration par l'imprimerie

Handprinting =  -écriture en caractères d'imprimerie
                          -écriture en lettres détachées

Handwriting =  écriture en lettres attachées
                          écriture à la main normale

Shorthand:  écriture simplifiée

    Anny,  je vous souhaite de joyeuses fêtes.

    Salut de la main  (hand waving)

    André

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod
  To: SignWriting List
  Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 3:24 AM
  Subject: Re: [sw-l] printed form and signwritten form

  Hello Andr�, Va and list members

  thanks for the examples... it helps understand!

  (please any other french speaking french correct me if I'm wrong.....)

  1) PRINTING = �criture SCRIPT , version informatique
  2) HANDPRINTING = �criture SCRIPT, � la main
  3) HANDWRITING = �criture LIEE
  4) SHORTHAND= st�nographie

  1) 2) 3) 4)

  hope this helps

  have a nice Christmas time everyone!

  Anny

  Le 16 d�c. 08 � 04:03, Valerie Sutton a �crit :

    Adam and Andre -
    Thank you for remembering this page...I had totally forgotten it, and the links on our web pages are poor to it...we should do more signs in a chart like this...and we need to make the page more obvious to web visitors including me ;-))

    Anyway, Anny, I hope this chart helps...I guess Andre would like to put the words at the top of the chart in French...smile...

    Years ago, a linguist told me she uses the Shorthand as a cursive writing...maybe that should be explored someday...

    <Picture 4.png>

    --------