glossing

Mon Oct 20 23:58:11 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
October 20, 2008

This is great, Cherie. Maybe you can help Tricia. Tricia wrote to me
out of the blue today, very frustrated with the glossing system that
is a part of her ASL class I believe...obviously Tricia can explain it
better than I can...and so I wondered if Tricia learned how to use our
Translate feature in SignPuddle if that would help? It probably is
something totally different, but then again, maybe the ASL class would
enjoy seeing another way to write ASL!

Tricia...go to SignPuddle Software, to the ASL Dictionary...

SignPuddle Online
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle

ASL Dictionary
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=1&sgn=4

Once you open the ASL Dictionary, click on the Translate icon on the
left of the screen and write in an English gloss into the Translate
program...

Up comes different signs written in SignWriting that are the
equivalent to the English glosses you typed...then ask us questions...

Val ;-)

--------