New Feature in SignPuddle :-)

Adam Frost frost at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Wed Jan 14 21:25:40 UTC 2009

There is a new feature that Steve has given to us in SignPuddle. It is
the ability to link to other entries as pages. This is especially
great for multi-page documents in the Literature SignPuddles. Go to
title page of Cat in The Hat at http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/searchword.php?ui=1&sgn=5&sid=357
  for an example.

The red arrow will take you to the next page as if you were turning
the page of the book.

Now how do you do this? :-) When you go to "Write Words", you will see
some new fields, "Beginning page", "Previous page" and "Next page"

Beginning page is where you put the "Sign ID number" for the first
page of the document. When a number is placed here it will make the up
arrow red to link to it. Previous page is where you put the "Sign ID
number" for the previous page of the document. When a number is placed
here it will make the left arrow red to link to it. And Next page is
where you put the "Sign ID number" for the next page of the document.
When a number is placed here it will make the right arrow red to link
to it. They way that you get the "Sign ID number" is by looking at the
URL of the page of sign document like the link that I gave earlier.

http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/searchword.php?ui=1&sgn=5&sid=357

The number after "sid=" is the Sign ID. So the Sign ID number for this
title page is 357. It is usually at the end of the URL, or close to
it. I know that this might be a little confusing. If it is, let me
know and I will try to explain it better.

I just wanted to let you all know and to say thank you Steve for this
great feature. It makes navigating pages in a document so much
easier. ;-)

Adam