Handshapes and systematic discussion

Tue Jun 2 13:30:54 UTC 2009

Hi Charles,

Charles Butler wrote:
> As we start getting photographs being laid side by side with the
> graphics that have been created, I think we are going to come to a
> MUCH BETTER consensus discussion and if that means that the ISWA has
> to be edited, then so much the better.  All of us can be consulted and
> come to a happy decision.

If you want to start making notes for the ISWA 2012, please go ahead.
Valerie and Adam are documenting the ISWA 2008 so you'll be getting more
and more information to work with.

The ISWA 2008 will not be changing.  I highly doubt the ISWA will be
revisited in the near future.  We have limited time and resources and we
are moving forward.  Your attitude reinforces the idea that we are not
ready for Unicode yet unless people accept the idea that no writing
system is perfect and that knowledge can be gained by understanding the
imperfections.

The ISWA 2008 was a labor of love.  We already had a formal review and
that review ended last year.  The ISWA 2008 is the current standard for
SignWriting.

Regards,
-Steve