invisible person in ASL storytelling...

Ingvild Roald iroald at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 24 10:51:56 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I hereby humbly retract from my former position about writing the invisible person: if the grammatical markers etc. are there as they should be in real language writing, then the writing should contain what is visible, not that which is not visible. - I have discussed this with native signers, and am fully content with this understanding of how to write. I also agree with Val that this shows the importance of writing the language, and not just glosses or some other 'easy way out'.

Ingvild