Looking for other teachers who teach bilingual documents to Deaf students

Gagnon et Thibeault atg at VIDEOTRON.CA
Thu Mar 22 13:22:08 UTC 2012

Hi Val and everyone,

    Val, thank you for giving me James Kegl's email address.  I will contact him.

    Regards,

    André
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Valerie Sutton
  To: SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages
  Cc: James & Judy Shepard-Kegl ; Gagnon et Thibeault
  Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:56 PM
  Subject: Re: Looking for other teachers who teach bilingual documents to Deaf students

  SignWriting List
  March 21, 2012

  Hello Andre and James Shepard-Kegl -

  Thank you for telling us (see below) about your presentation in May, 2012, Andre, in French-Canada, and congratulations….It will be an important presentation.

  Can you videotape the presentation? Perhaps we can post it on our SignWriting web site, if you want that. No matter what, we look forward to hearing more about your presentation.

  I am sending this message to James Shepard-Kegl. James is no longer a member of our SignWriting List, but he continues to teach SignWriting and to work with Nicaraguan Deaf students, and is also actively publishing and writing about their schools for the Deaf in Nicaragua. Attached is a PDF of one of James' latest reports from Nicaragua. In the attached document it gives James' email address. I have also pasted his contact information below in this email message. Please see attached document. You will notice that the Deaf student mentioned in this report uses SignWriting - go to the second page in the document. The Kegls also have a new web site as you can see below, and there is mention of SignWriting there as well...

  James Shepard-Kegl

  Nicaraguan Sign Language Projects, Inc.

  52 Whitney Farms Rd.

  North Yarmouth, ME 04097