[Sw-l] Sign Maker - Collecting ideas for faster writing

Jonathan Duncan joyoduncan at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 5 23:12:23 UTC 2021

Hi Uta,

     You can use a keyboard or a mouse, one or the other will work,  and
the arrows and hands displayed in a circle so that you can go from one
to another really quickly and also change from front plane to floor plane.

     As for the grouping  of the hands,

As you can see, each hand shape  has different background color. The
first ones are more fist like and progress to the more flat handed.

The columns denote how many fingers are are separated from the others.

The first column is thumb or no thumb and no other fingers separate.

The second is one finger and or thumb.

The third is two fingers and or thumb.

The fourth is 3 fingers and or thumb.

the fifth is 4 fingers and or thumb.

You will also see that the same color background has different
sections.  These separate the finger straightness, straight, bent, hook,
crossed, etc.

The common tab are a subset the hand shapes most used in the sign
languages I use.  I was planning on moving more from the all hand shapes
to it if people start using it with other sign languages. The all is all
of the hand shapes, and the not common are the ones not in the common tab.

What ever is on the keyboard is reflecting what is in the choosers so
you don't need to use a mouse if you don't want to.

You can also move between the choosers with the keyboard

Shift-1 Mannequin

@

Shift-2 Secondary chooser (hand shapes, arrows, etc)

#

Shift-3 Third and forth choosers, symbol rotation

Shift-4 Sign Area editing

I hope that makes it a bit easier to understand.

Jonathan