[Sw-l] Lexically significant hand positions in ASL

Adam Frost icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 26 05:58:16 UTC 2021

One thing that you might want to be aware is that SignWriting symbols aren’t necessarily “right hands” and “left hands” by themselves. They can be inferred as such, but it isn’t always consistent as there are overlaps. So a report of what is matching your criteria would be a good thing to look at.

Another thing to be aware is that the public dictionary is just that, public. Anyone can make an entry which may or may not be done correctly and done well.

Adam