[Sw-l] Sutton SignWriting Technology presentation

Stephen Slevinski slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Tue Oct 19 17:02:30 UTC 2021

Hi SignWriting List,

Today I presented about Sutton Signwriting Technology for the the Second
Interdisciplinary Congress on Writing in the South Region Sign Language
(II CIELS-SUL) of Brazil. I'm really impressed with the format and
online experience.  Today is the first day of the conference with two
more days to follow.

Conference website: https://corpusels.paginas.ufsc.br/
Online Platform: https://www.even3.com.br/2cielssul/

They have two sign language translators: Libras and International Sign.
They had a English translator for me.
We watch my 30 minute video while the translators translated.
Then we had a 30 minute question and answer.

During the Q&A, I discussed several topics including:
* the origins of Formal SignWriting
* raising my kids with sign language
* meeting Valerie Sutton
* technology integration and future growth
* the importance of SignWriting for translation between sign language
and spoken language

I do not know if the conference video will be available later online.

Here are the links for Sutton SignWriting Technology original video and
slides:
* Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu-avUMAob8
* Slides -
https://www.slideshare.net/StephenSlevinski/sutton-signwriting-technology