[Sw-l] To "V" or not to "V", that is the question.

Sun Feb 13 17:39:33 UTC 2022

SignWriting List
February 13, 2022

Hello Stefan,
Thank you for your kind words…

And I know that you have written many documents in the past. So you wrote a movement dance for two people or groups and performed it on stage? Do you know the title of the document? Or the year? I can search for it. It just might be posted or maybe not. Because you did so much work it's possible that it's on some disc drive and never got posted too. So if you have any information for me I will try to search for it. Thanks for informing me. I do want to have an archive of documents and Rich Gleaves and Steve Slevinski have both been helping me with documenting the past which is so helpful. Thanks Rich and Steve ;-)

Your work with Ethiopian Sign Language was remarkable, in 2009. I love the link that you provided with a beautiful document about your visit with Eyasu Tamene from Ethiopia. He traveled all the way to Germany to work with you in 2009... Isn't that incredible?!

Stefan and Eyasu in 2009
https://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs6/sw0579_ET_DE_SignWritingReport2009.pdf

And the handshapes were put into the ISWA 2010 I believe. Because that was in 2009 so we were able to put those handshapes into the ISWA 2010. Thank goodness!

SignWriting in Ethiopia
https://www.signwriting.org/ethiopia/

Did you know that Eyasu has recently been honored by Gallaudet University in Washington DC? He got a Fullbright Scholarship which is amazing!

Eyasu honored at Gallaudet:
https://www.gallaudet.edu/news/dr-eyasu-hailu-tamene-visiting-professor-from-ethiopia-sponsored-by-the-fulbright-commission/

Thanks for sharing our past Stefan ;-)

Val ;-)