[Sw-l] Revision 09 for draft-slevinski-formal-signwriting

Stephen Slevinski slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Sun Jan 30 16:25:28 UTC 2022

Hi SignWriting List,

Today I posted a new revision of the internet draft:
draft-slevinski-formal-signwriting.
It includes two changes.

First, I've removed part of the styling string for individual symbol
zoom and offset.
When I first added this feature, I thought it was a good idea.
However, this feature creates problems and complicates simple processing.
Last month I finally realized why it was such a problem.
I couldn't find any workable solutions, so I decided to remove it.
I will be updating the available software packages in the near future.
One step back, two steps forward.

Second, I've added a proposal for a new "null symbol".
This was inspired by discussions with Adam Frost and his ideas about
sorting.
Talking with Val, this is a long standing issue.
I'm still thinking through the issue, but I think this is a good fix.
You can read more about it here:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-slevinski-formal-signwriting-09.html#name-proposed-null-symbol

Regards,
-Steve