[Sw-l] Revision 09 for draft-slevinski-formal-signwriting

Uta Meißner uta.hielscher at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 30 17:12:05 UTC 2022

Hi Stephen,

A question of understanding:

A maximum of 2 hand shapes may be entered per character, so that there is
one dominant and one rezessiv hand.

When writing a sign script, I have to make sure that the dominant hand is
entered first, then the recessive hand. Only by the order alone hands are
recognized as either dominant or recessive hand. Correct?

Sometimes you have to enter end-hand shape, because otherwise it is not
clear what the end-hand shape looks like.

I.e. when writing, you always have to consciously enter the zero symbol if
it is a one-hand gesture. The null symbol is not entered automatically,
right?

The fact that there is a zero symbol is definitely great for the sign
search.
🙂

But I need your creative minds on how to incorporate the zero symbol into
the sign search. Normally, a selected symbol is always entered in the
search field. Only that there is no picture for it, you can not click on it
and see the feedback in the search field. 🙈

Sign2mint.de has a toggle to choose between Iswa and drawing. For drawing,
it is easy, a new image can be created with just one hand.

Best regards!
Uta

Stephen Slevinski <slevin at signpuddle.net> schrieb am So., 30. Jan. 2022,
17:26: