[Sw-l] Revision 09 for draft-slevinski-formal-signwriting

Uta Meißner uta.hielscher at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 30 19:57:13 UTC 2022

Dear Adam,

Thank you very much for your answer.

We use "~" for left (rezessive) passiv hand. Yes. Our own definition. And I
don't know, whether it is a good idea.

Tell Adam, why is it important to mark a hand as a classification?

With the names, I still understand why it is for when there is a long line
underneath. Do you handle it that way?

But why with classification? I also do not mark for phonetic words that it
is an adjective, verb or noun.
And I wonder if it's always clear if it's a classification. I have to admit
that I didn't deal with classification so much.

Thank you in advance for your explanations. They always help a lot to
understand sign writing and to improve it further.

I would like to briefly report on my observation with the sign search:

- Hand shape is chosen first
- ressesiv hand Does not move
- Both hands move together
- contact

And really last but not least the movements. Here, many find it difficult
to choose the right movement.
I'm really glad that there are 2-hand symbols.

Best regards Uta