[Sw-l] What better way to write sign with more moves and handshapes

Profo Rubens Almeida rubens.escritadesinais at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 4 16:31:04 UTC 2022

Hi Adam, Uta, André and everyone from the SignWriting List,

Thank you so much Adam for your precious guidance, I figured there really
were no rules on how to write these cases, I was hoping there were. In the
example of the sign corresponding to SignWriting, I have noticed that here
in Brazil, the community uses both possibilities, but in official
publications the writing of the example (3) has been used more.

[image: Example 3.jpg]

As for the writing made by Uta, I believe it is another possibility to
write this sign too, I would particularly use it for handwriting (Cursive
Writing) for simplifying by using fewer graphemes. However, for official
publications I prefer to use spellings that are easier for the public to
read.

Today in the afternoon, I will record the signs in Libras for the words
audio, visual, sign and writing with their corresponding spellings and post
it here.

I would like to thank you for your support and interaction 🙏🏾

Hugs!

Rubens Almeida