[Corpora-List] Quotation (lexicography)

Upali Kohomban kohomban at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 02:43:38 UTC 2010

That quote reminded me also of Adam Kilgarriff. A simple google search
yielded, a page from "The Lexicography of English  By Henri Béjoint" p 293

A word in dictionary 'can have as many senses as the lexicographer cares to
perceive'

which is from to a certain [Hanks 2002], page 159.

[
http://books.google.com/books?id=jq-izE-sWD0C&pg=PA293&lpg=PA293&dq=%27a+word+has+as+many+meanings+as+a+lexicographer+cares+to+perceive&source=bl&ots=-msyneHaze&sig=ocCbObcUfSvR3KjOwfo0s2CRGJk&hl=en&ei=IfSGTJXuE46AvgP38cmZBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CDUQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q&f=false
]

This is *possibly*

Patrick W Hanks 2002 ‘Mapping Meaning onto Use’ in Marie-Hélène Corréard
(ed.): *Lexicography and Natural Language Processing: a Festschrift in
honour of B. T. S. Atkins*. Euralex
[http://www.patrickhanks.com/publications.htm]