[Corpora-List] Quotation (lexicography)

Bill Louw louwfirth at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 04:12:03 UTC 2010

Well done Upali! Now all that remains to be done is a stylistic analysis of Hanks's attitude. As members of the corpora list we are honour-bound to find it in a corpus rather than call it intuitively 'illocutionary force'. It is in subtext and semantic prosody that we shall find it, but if and only if, we are allowed the Bank of English in a form that allows wildcard/skip searches. For details of how you do it, see my 2010 article in Zyngier et al Eds. _Digital Learning..._ IGI Global. (logical semantic prosody). Hope Laura is happy that Upali came through with the answer. Bill