suggestions anyone?

Dmark916 at AOL.COM Dmark916 at AOL.COM
Wed Nov 24 19:18:39 UTC 2010

Richard, what you are doing invites a special legacy for the people, and
even though it may not seem to be valued, it lights a way for language to
flourish. Many years ago (like the 1970's) Berty Seigle developed a  technique
call Total Physical Response (TPR). As you are exposing very young
children to language, please consider using her approach, as it involves  movement
and action in language learning. Gradually the children anticipate the
language and begin using it themselves, not in a word-by-word context, but
actually in descriptive ways. There is no "translation" necessary. And the
teachers, looking on or looking in, can become involved as well.
While some teacher inservice workshops might be helpful, without
administrative backing they might just be resented. Try the TPR approach (or  some
iteration of it) instead.
In Spirit,
Dorothy Martinez-K

In a message dated 11/24/2010 6:41:34 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,