Tupe civil register bilingual

Dr. MJ Hardman hardman at ufl.edu
Sat Sep 13 00:05:36 UTC 2014

Thank you, Richard.

The deepest satisfaction is that this now the work of the next generation,
not ours directly, thus the work is continuing.

MJ

On 9/12/14, 5:45 PM, "Richard Zane Smith" <rzs at wildblue.net> wrote:

> thats wonderful news MJ
> ..its got to bring a great feeling od satisfaction after all your hard work
> and dedication
> -Richard
>
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Dr. MJ Hardman <hardman at ufl.edu> wrote:
>> http://www.elperuano.com.pe/edicion/noticia-reniec-instaura-primer-registro-
>> civil-biling%C3%BCe-21406.aspx#.VBMO3EiLZ9F
>> <http://www.elperuano.com.pe/edicion/noticia-reniec-instaura-primer-registro-
>> civil-biling%C3%BCe-21406.aspx#.VBMO3EiLZ9F>
>>
>> This is the very first place in Perú where this is the law. That it be for
>> Jaqaru is deeply and profoundly beautiful.  I'm sure this is the first step
>> for all of per´¨and that Tupe be the pioneer reflects the pioneering work of
>> both Dr. Dimas Bautista Iturrizaga and myself.
>>
>> This is very very good news.  At long last -- 60 years after I appeared on
>> the  scene and 70 years after Dimas started seeking such recognition, and
>> brought about by the younger folk now understanding -- all legal matters
>> within Tupe are now available in both Jaqaru and Spanish.  Such very very
>> good news.
>>
>> MJ

Dr. MJ Hardman
Professor Emeritus
Linguistics, Anthropology and Latin American Studies
University of Florida
Doctora Honoris Causa UNMSM, Lima, Perú
website:  http://clas.ufl.edu/users/hardman/