Cantonese & Mandarin datives

Gordon, Peter pgordon at exchange.tc.columbia.edu
Thu Oct 18 05:28:22 UTC 2007

We have a study that looked at this question for Mandarin double object constructions and tested whether there was a correlation either within or between semantic subclasses of verbs (basically there was a strong correlation within the semantic subclasses that allow DO constructions but not between classes or within classes that do not allow DO construction).  The paper is reported in Chung and Gordon -- 2003 I believe.   There is a copy of the paper on my website listed below if you click on the tab that says "Documents and Papers"

Peter Gordon

Peter Gordon, Associate Professor
525 W 120th St. Box 180
Biobehavioral Sciences Department