Language and literacy assessments in first grade

Pascale Engel pascaleengel at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 19 16:44:24 UTC 2010

Dear Lulu,

I am currently leading a large international study involving 6, 7 and 8 year
olds from Brazil (from impoverished and enriched backgrounds), Luxembourg,
Portugal, and Germany. Some of the children are bilinguals and come from a
range of backgrounds (e.g. immigrants...). We opted for the following
language tests:
- EOWPVT
- The PPVT-4
- The TROG (Test for reception of grammar)

We adapted all these measures into the different languages and they seem to
work quite well for the Brazilian sample. We are also thinking of including
the ERRNI (Bishop) in a later stage of the project.

Kind regards,

Pascale Engel de Abreu - PhD

Postdoctoral Research Fellow
University of Luxembourg - EMACS