[Lexicog] Collaborative lexicography software?

Nicholas THIEBERGER thien at UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Fri Apr 18 01:19:26 UTC 2008

You could look at http://www.matapuna.org/

It says :
he M®°t®°puna Dictionary Writing System is a
free, easy to use, web-based, multi-user,
multilingual dictionary writing system. It is
currently being used to compile Te Taura Whiri i
te Reo M®°ori / The M®°ori Language Commissions
monolingual dictionary of the M®°ori language.

The system assists with many aspects of
lexicography, including team collaboration,
routine error and consistency checking, corpus
searching, publishing, and progress monitoring in
addition to the traditional headword and entry
management.

The M®°t®°puna Dictionary Writing System was
developed jointly by Dave Moskovitz of Thinktank
Consulting Limited and Te Taura Whiri i te Reo
M®°ori / The M®°ori Language Commission in
Wellington, Aotearoa / New Zealand. It won the
2004 New Zealand Computerworld Excellence Award
for use of IT in Government. It is a Free and
Open Software System distributed under the GPL
version 2 license, and registered with
Sourceforge.

If you have any questions about the software that
are not answered on this site, you can contact
Dave for further information. If you're
interested in learning more about the Monolingual
M®°ori Dictionary, contact Waitangi Teepa.

At 3:52 PM +0000 14/4/08, Vincent Isles wrote:
>I'm wondering if there is a web-based collaborative lexicography
>software which I can install in a webserver, and which automatically
>manages users and privileges?
>
>Ideally the package should also output a SF formatted file which I can
>open using Toolbox.
>
>Any pointer to the correct direction will be appreciated.
>
>--Vincent Isles
>http://eduphil.org

Assistant Professor
Department of Linguistics