LL-L 'Anniversary' 2006.12.16 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 20:57:59 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net
Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L * 16 December 2006 * Volume 01

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at worldonline.nl>
Subject: LL-L 'Anniversary' 2006.12.15 (05) [E]

Johanna Geertruida Roerdinkholder-Hesselink, my grantmother did the
translation of the Wren story in the Low Saxon dialect of our home town
Wenters (in Dutch:Winterswijk, region De Achterhoek, province of Gelder-
land/Guelders, The Netherlands):

http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/achterhooks.php

She's not well at all lately. Last year she had to leave the house where
she lived more than fourty years, because of her health. This Summer she
was in hospital a few weeks, and stayed at a special "Care Farm" a couple
of months after. Now she moved to a nursing-home, but it's worsening every
week. We don't know how long she will be able to go on like this...

I'll keep you informed.

Kind regards
Ingmar Roerdinkholder

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Anniversary

Dear Ingmar,

Thank you for informing us about your grandmother's condition.  I am sad to
hear it.

On behalf of all Lowlanders -- though I encourage individuals to contact you
privately -- I wish your oma, you and your entire family what in Dutch you
appropriately call sterkte (strength) on these occasions.

Undoubtedly like many other Lowlanders, I have been through this myself, and
I know how hard it can be, because grandmothers tend to inhabit very special
places in our hearts.

If possible, please tell your grandmother how much we appreciate her
participation in our project.  With private mail I'll send you a certificate
of appreciation for her and for Barbara each.  I have begun to send these
out to what I call "guest contributers" (i.e., non-members that helped with
the project) and hope to eventually cover everyone.

To you, Barbara and the kids I send my love.

Yours,