LL-L "Resources" 2007.03.27 (03) [E/LS]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 14:59:53 UTC 2007

From: Jonny Meibohm <altkehdinger at freenet.de>
Subject: LL-L "Language maintenance" 2007.03.25 (0) [E]

Beste Yasuji Waki,

(English summary below)

Du schreevst:

 Please advise me which variation I should learn to get better effect to
read various works such as
Groth, Trede, Reuter and also modern authors.

Mii dücht wat de Bökers, de Du bruken deihst, föör Dinn Leehr van en
'standardiseertet' Nedderdüütsch halberlei ennig sünd. De schullen Dii woll
helpen, Reuter un anner Schriiverslüüd tau leesen.
Man- dat sünd amend keen Lehrböökers, man allein Wöörbökers.

Wenn Du nu obers opp een höögeren 'level' kamen wullt, denn muttst Du mang
de nativen Lüüd leeben un mit jem snacken.

Höör man driest wieter bii Radio Bremen tau- de mookt jem ehr Arbeid recht
ennig!

*(English):*

I think the books you mentioned are quite ok for any kind of a
'standardized' Low Saxon and should enable you to read Reuter and others.
But those are no books written for educational purpose- they just are
dictionaries.

For any further education and better skill you have to live in the LS-areas
and learn the language by talking to the native speakers.

Keep on listening to Radio Bremen as well- I think they're doing quite a
good job!

Allerbest

Jonny Meibohm