LL-L "Idiomatica" 2007.10.18 (09) [E]

Thu Oct 18 21:48:00 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L  -  18 October 2007 - Volume 09

From: "A. van der Ploeg" <antonpap at xs4all.nl>
Subject: LL-L "Idiomatica" 2007.10.18 (03) [E]

Hello,
In  the Frisian sandy district  (SE-part of the dutch province Fryslân) they
use to say "*kom gauris del*" (come soon downstairs)  when they invite
people to  visit them. In this context "del" means downstairs.

In Scandinavia they use the words "oppe"and "under" for people living north
or south from them,or if they go there or come from there.
Anton van der Ploeg