LL-L "Anniversary" 2007.09.06 (04) [E]

Thu Sep 6 20:55:43 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L  -  06 September 2007 - Volume 04

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com >
Subject: Anniversary

Dear Lowlanders,

As most of you know, we are steering toward our 13th anniversary, which will
be celebrated between April 15 and May 15, 2008.

Let's do our best to build upon our web presentations!*

The foremost and most visited of these is our anniversary presentation:
lowlands-l.net/anniversary/

Based alone on my awareness of our members' backgrounds, I can definitely say
that we could fill in the following gaps:

   - Ainu (aynu itak, esp. sound files)
   - Alemannic (Alemannisch)
   - Armenian (Հայերե, esp. sound filesն)
   - Bashkir (Башҡорт)
   - Basque (euskara)
   - Bengali (বাংলা)
   - Bosnian (*bosanski*)
   - Catalan (catalá, esp. sound files)
   - Chinese, Fukienese, Hokkien, Min (Bân-lâm-gú, 閩南語, 福建語)
   - Chinese, Wu (吴语)
   - Croatian (*hrvatski*)
   - Czech (čeština, esp. sound files)
   - Dzongkha (རྫོང་ཁ་)
   - English, Scottish (esp. sound files)
   - Estonian (eesti, esp. sound files)
   - French (français, esp. sound files)
   - Gaelic, Scottish (Gàidhlig)
   - Galician (galego, esp. sound files)
   - Greek (ελληνικά, esp. sound files)
   - Greenlandic (*kalaallisut*)
   - Hindi (हिन्दी , esp. sound files)
   - Hungarian (Magyar, esp. sound files)
   - Igbo
   - Irish (Gaeilge, esp. sound files)
   - Italian (italiano, esp. sound files)
   - Japanese (日本語, esp. sound files)
   - Luxembourgish (Lëtzebuergesch)
   - Malay, Malaysian (Malayu, Bahasa Malaysia)
   - Malayalam (മലയാളം, esp. sound files)
   - Maori (Te Reo Māori, esp. sound files)
   - Marathi (मराठी)
   - Occitan (lenga d'òc)
   - Okinawan (ʔucināguci, 沖縄語)
   - Panjabi (ਪੰਜਾਬੀ, esp. sound files)
   - Polish (polska, esp. sound files)
   - Romanian (română)
   - Rusyn, Ruthenian (русиньскый)
   - Scots, Mainland (esp. sound files)
   - Scots, Ulster (Ullans)
   - Serbian (српски, srpski, esp. sound files)
   - Sinhalese (සිංහල)
   - Slovak (slovenčina, esp. sound files)
   - Slovenian (slovenščina)
   - Spanish, Castilian (español, castellano, esp. sound files)
   - Tamil (தமிழ்)
   - Tatar (Tatarça)
   - Tibetan (བོད་ཡིག)
   - Urdu (ودرا, esp. sound files)
   - Walloon (wallon, esp. sound files)
   - Zealandic (Zeêuws)

And then there are further dialects in the core Lowlands languages and other
languages not mentioned above. Also, there are translations and sound files
I know that some of you could solicit from other people.

It's all right if you don't want to be mentioned by name.  In that case,
just let us know and we keep you anonymous.

Please bear in mind that this presentation is meant to increase awareness
and knowledge about language in general and draw people into our more
specific area of interest.  Apparently, it has been doing this already, and
several educational sites link to it.  If maintenance and awareness of
linguistic diversity is important to you, please consider to help.

If your language is already featured at the site you are more than
encouraged to contribute further translations and sound files.

Thanks in advance!

Reinhard/Ron

* Our other presentations requiring your attention:

   - lowlands-l.net/gallery/
   - lowlands-l.net/travels/

In preparation:

   - lowlands-l.net/contest/