LL-L "LIdiomatica" 2008.07.01 (05) [D/E]

Tue Jul 1 22:07:45 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L - 01 July 2008 - Volume 05

From: Diederik Masure <didimasure at hotmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Idiomatica" 2008.06.30 (05) [D]

> From: Roland Desnerck
> Subject: LL-L "Idiomatica" 2008.06.23 (01) [E]
>
> Beste,
> In Oostende was het liedje:
>
> Macadam, macadam, macadam, dam, dam dam, oempa, oempa!
>
> Het werd voornamelijk gezongen bij het marcheren om de kadans er in te
houden!

> Roland Desnerck
> Oostende
> West-Vlaanderen

Due to being on holidays I have missed all previous reactions on 'macadam',
but anyway,
the version I posted earlier is meant to be sung with your (grand)child on
your knees, hopping him or her up and down with your legs and at the 'ne
put!' (after 'steenweg, steenweg' altså) dropping them between the hole
between your knees... I guess there are many versions of 'macadam' depending
on the situation:) (also heard people singing macadam while walking the
road)

Greetings from Trondheim, Diederik