LL-L "Resources" 2009.04.23 (03) [E]

Thu Apr 23 21:41:41 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 23 April 2009 - Volume 03

From: Roger Thijs, Euro-Support, Inc. <roger.thijs at euro-support.be>
Subject: LL-L Varieties Re: LL-L "Resources" 2009.04.21 (07) [D]

> From: Hellinckx Luc <luc.hellinckx at gmail.com>
> Subject: LL-L "Resources"

Thanks very much Luc for the information about publications in South-West
Brabantish variants.
I come back to it in a few days.

As for Brussels, that dialect is associated for me with Renaat Grassin.
As "ketje" he had a program on Saturday evenings in the Belgian Radio in the
early fifties.
It was very popular with us (we gathered all around the radio) and it was my
first contact with a Brabantish dialect.
At that time Antwerpish was not setting the tone yet in popular programs,
Brussels still was.

For those who are not familiar with the Brussels sound, I ripped track 4
from this CD:
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/ket/cdcover.jpg
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/ket/ket.wma
Remark the sound of the uvular R.

It may help to have a printed version for better understanding,
this text is a slightly different variant:
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/ket/cover.jpg
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/ket/25.jpg
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/ket/26.jpg
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/ket/27.jpg