LL-L "Projects" 2009.01.26 (07) [E]

Mon Jan 26 21:30:57 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 26 January 2009 - Volume 07

From: Mike Morgan <mwmosaka at gmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Holidays" 2009.01.26 (01) [E]

R/R wrote:

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 11:28 PM, Lowlands-L List <lowlands.list at gmail.com>
wrote:

Which reminds me ... We could do with a Bengali version of the Wren, and of
course at least one South Asian English version. Thanks to my friend
Muhammad Suleiman, we have versions in other languages of Southern Asia. But
there's so much more!

Well, I don't forsee myself finding the time any time SOON, but as it is an
ongoing Lowalands-List project, and I plan to be here a LONG time
(forever?!), I will make sure that there is, at minimum, an ISL version (I
have TWO native signers-- Deaf from Deaf families -- on my staff, and
another living right next door!

(I have been too busy too to check to see what additions there have been to
the South Asian languages ... I am SURE you haven't covered them all
(hundreds upon hundreds) yet! Given time, I could certainly get Maithili,
Marathi, Nepali, Newari and Oriya versions ... but you know me! I still
ahven't found the time to record a JSL version ... SO, how many is THAT that
I "owe" you? ;-)

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Projects

Thanks, Mike.

As for South Asian languages, so far we have the following:

Nepalese
http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/nepali.php

Panjabi (Muslim -- Shahmukhi)
http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/panjabi-shahmukhi.php

Panjabi (Non-Muslim -- Gurmukhi)
http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/panjabi-gurmukhi.php

Siraiki
http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/siraiki.php

Urdu
http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/urdu.php

Hindi
http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/hindi.php

Gujarati
http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/gujarati.php

Kannada
http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/kannada.php

So we have a ways to go, and ... ahumm .. our pesky Kahuna asked about the
status of the Hawaiian Creole wren ...

Peace, brother, to use a generational greeting.