LL-L "Etymology" 2009.11.24 (01) [EN]

Tue Nov 24 17:42:06 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 24 November 2009 - Volume 01

From: Tomás Ó Cárthaigh <tomasocarthaigh at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2009.11.23 (04) [EN]

The version of the story of the Kangarroo take was the Captain asking a
native what the animanl was, to which he got the reply "Kan ga roo?" which
meant "What did you say?" in the Aborigional language the man spoke...

Tomás

*"a person with a good book is never alone... a writer until they've written
one is never at peace"*
*
*- Visit Tomás's website at www.writingsinrhyme.com
 <http://www.writingsinrhyme.com/>