LL-L "Phonology" 2012.02.17 (02) [EN]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 17 21:09:23 UTC 2012

 L O W L A N D S - L - 17 February 2012 - Volume 02
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <roerd096 at PLANET.NL>
Subject: LL-L "Phonology" 2012.02.16 (05) [EN]

Thanks blokes. I hear it rather as [ɔː] than [aʊ], but it's hard to tell
really... The former would also make more sense than the latter, in my eyes.

In the sound  of Plautdietsch I think to hear a Dutch accent, it sounds
"Dutcher" or more familiar somehow than the present day  Low Saxon dialects
of Germany.

Btw your non Mennonite clip, is that from the US? I thought it was just
East Frisian, it sounds so much like Groningen Low Saxon.

Enjmaur