online dictionary

Peter Austin pa2 at SOAS.AC.UK
Tue May 25 04:41:15 UTC 2010

Yvonne

Lexique Pro is a tool you could look at -- it reads Toolbox lexicon files
and handles media, embedding pictures within the relevant entries and
playing sound. You can produce a stand-alone lexicon or a web based HTML
dictionary. The web dictionary generated by the program is pretty ugly but
it is possible to tweak the HTML to get something that looks nicer.

Have a look at http://www.lexiquepro.com/ and the samples listed at
http://www.lexiquepro.com/library.htm

One nice feature is if you include scientific names Lexique Pro codes a
hyperlink that will search the web for information about that scientific
name.

<http://www.lexiquepro.com/library.htm>Note that the Lexique Pro interface
can be set to a range of languages, and it generates finder-lists in each of
the interface languages as well.

Best,
Peter

--
Prof Peter K. Austin
Marit Rausing Chair in Field Linguistics

web: http://www.hrelp.org/aboutus/staff/index.php?cd=pa