Rosetta Stone//Ruslan series

James Beale james at RUSSIA-ON-LINE.COM
Fri Jul 11 18:39:03 UTC 2008

As the US distributor for Ruslan, we have free demo versions of the Ruslan
CDROM courses available for download from our website.  Each demo (levels 1
and 2) contains the complete first lesson.

http://www.russia-on-line.com/learn_russian/lrus.html

We will also be publishing the North American editions for the print
textbooks this summer.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

James Beale
Russia Online, Inc.

http://www.russia-on-line.com
Tel: 301-933-0607   FAX: 301-933-0615

Try our new online shop!   http://shop.russia-on-line.com

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of Ben Rifkin
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 1:03 PM
To: SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Rosetta Stone

I would like to point out to SEELANGers that there are other
computer-mediated options for learners and that these options, which may be
better integrated with textbooks, might be a better match for those learners
who will happily spend more time using a computer-based program than
completing pen and paper exercises.  (Indeed, this is the thesis of my
article,  "Criteria for the Assessment of Foreign Language Instructional
Software and Websites, " ADFL Bulletin 34.2 (2003):  53-56.)

For those looking for other options for computer-mediated instruction, I
would mention the Russnet exercises (www.russnet.org), the exercises
correlated with Golosa ( http://www.gwu.edu/~slavic/golosa/), for more
advanced-learners, RAILS (http://www.languageinstitute.wisc.edu/rails).
There is more information at

http://slavica.com/teaching/rifkin.html

Lastly, I also recommend the Ruslan series for those who are interested in a
beginning program well integrated with computer-mediated activities.

With best wishes to all,

Ben Rifkin