RamaHanuKwanzMas

Fri Dec 17 17:31:10 UTC 2004

This was reminiscent of a monologue on Saturday Night Live, by Alec Baldwin,
from January 20th, 1996:

Alec Baldwin:
During the Christmas season, I received many Christmas cards. Unfortunately,
because I was so busy, I didn't have time to send out any myself. So, if I
could, I'd like to use this as my Christmas card to everyone who was kind
enough to send one to me.

[ puts Santa hat on his head and begins ]

"Dear Friend, or Relative, or Business Associate. Merry Christmas, or
Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa, or Solstice, or Voodoo Day.

Boy, what a year it's been - me, with my acting, and, you doing whatever it
is that you do. Thanks for the Christmas card, it was very beautiful, or
humorous. I enjoyed the photo of your kid, or kids. Boy, he, or she, or they
are really getting big. Have you seen our mutual friend, if we have one? Can
you believe what he or she is up to? Boy, some people! Has your son, or
daughter, or sister, or brother, or husband, or wife still have that drug
problem? All you can do is trust in God, or, if you prefer, voodoo.

How is Granny, or Nana, or Mimi, or Yaya? So so? Hey, how about the
professional sports team that we both root for? They should fire, or rehire
that manager of theirs. He's a character!

Well, gotta go. By the way, sorry about throwing up on your carpet that
time, or times. I hope you receive many presents from Santa, or Hanukkah
Guy, or the Voodoo Man.. and that the coming year is as good as, or better
than, or nothing like the last year.

Love, Alec.